Generally, you must apply for a study permit before you come to Canada. Some people can apply for a study permit from within Canada. In some cases, you can apply when you arrive in Canada at the port of entry. Make sure you understand which option is available to you.


​It's Never Too  Late to Learn

​​without ielts study work & settle in canada

Canadian Career Education College

Study in Canada For Higher Standard In Career Education p

patient service ​ study work & settle in canada , Study in Canada Without IELTS ,,   Designated Learning Institution​ ,  No IELTS , Low & No Upfront Tuition Fee, 

Short Study Visa Permit Eligibility

Designated Learning Institution DLI # O262228554872

Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. The cases below are exceptions.

*Short-term studies (6 months or less)

You can study at any school in Canada without a study permit if:

  • your course or program lasts 6 months or less
  • your studies aren’t part of a longer program and
  • you’ll complete all your studies within the time we approved you to stay in Canada (usually 6 months after you enter)

If you’re taking prerequisite courses, you should get a study permit, even if the courses are less than 6 months long. If you don’t, you’ll have to apply for a study permit before you can start your full study program. Depending on processing times, you may not get it in time to start your studies.

  • Apply Outside Canada Process, or
  • At a port of entry, or
  • Inside Canada having a valid status.

​​Eligibility requirements

You can study in Canada if you:

A- are enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)

B- prove you have enough money to pay for your:

  • tuition fees
  • living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
  • return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada

  1. obey the law, have no criminal record and get a police certificate (if required)
  2. are in good health and get a medical exam (if required)
  3. prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires

Outside Canada Process

If you are a foreign national residing outside Canada, you have to obtain an "LOA", Letter Of Admission/acceptance" from a DLI to apply through the visa office process, online or paper application.

At the Port of Entry (Upon Arrival)

If any of the following describe you or the person you’re applying for? (required)
You’re a:

  • citizen of the U.S.
  • permanent resident of the U.S.
  • person who has lawfully been admitted to the U.S. for permanent residence
  • resident of Greenland
  • resident of Saint-Pierre and Miquelon

Inside Canada Process

​Only some people can apply or change their status for a study permit (full Time or Short term) from inside Canada. If any of the situations below describe you or the person you’re applying for? 

You’re currently in Canada and one of these applies:

  1. you have a valid study or work permit
  2. your spouse, common-law partner or parent has a valid study or work permit
  3. you’re a minor child in primary or secondary school
  4. you’re an exchange student or visiting student
  5. you completed a short-term course or study program required to be accepted at a DLI
  6. you or your spouse, common-law partner or dependent child has a temporary resident permit (TRP) valid for 6 months or more
  7. you’re being sponsored to immigrate and you already applied for permanent residence (if you’re eligible)
  8. you or your spouse, common-law partner or dependent child are subject to an unenforceable removal order

There are 2 reasons you may want to get a study permit even if you don’t need one:

  • You may be able to continue studying (as long as you meet the requirements)
  • You may be able to work on-campus or off-campus

Examples of this are:

  • if you’re studying for less than 6 months, but are looking to study in a longer program or
  • if you’re the child of a parent who’s authorized to work or study in Canada, but you will soon turn 18 (and will no longer be a minor)

If you apply for a study permit even though you don’t need one, you should include a letter explaining why you want one with your application.

Continue studying

If you already have a study permit and your study situation changes (for example, you want to study for more than 6 months or apply to a longer study program) you can continue studying in Canada while your permit is valid. If you need to extend your permit, or it expires while we process your application for an extension, you’ll also be able to continue studying because you have implied status.

However, if you don’t have a study permit already, you would need to stop studying or wait until you get a study permit to start or continue your studies.

An example of this is if you’re taking prerequisite classes required for a longer study program. You may not need a study permit for your prerequisite classes, but you may need one for your full study program.

In this case, you should get a study permit even though you don’t need one right away. If you don't, you may not be able to start your longer study program, depending on whether or not your study permit is processed in time.

*(Information Source: IRCC. Gov. of Canada Website)