Designated Learning Institution DLI # O262228554872
without ielts study work & settle in canada
Canadian Career Education College
Canadian Red Cross Prevention in Motion: Preventing Abuse, Bullying and Harassment of Children and Youth Course
The purpose of the Prevention in Motion course is to equip learners to understand, respond to and prevent violence so that they can create safe environments and protection for children and youth.
Who should attend
- Educators, health professionals, community workers, parents, caregivers and other adults who work with or care for children and youth.
Upon completion of the Prevention in Motion course, participants will be able to define and understand bullying, neglect,
and emotional, physical and sexual abuse of children and youth, identify the frameworks that help create protection, more
comfortably and confidently handle disclosures of violence according to their provincial/territorial legislation and organizational
policy, and take steps to manage risk and prevent violence by building a safer environment.
This course is presented in six modules:
1. Introduction – defining violence, power and vulnerability
2. Understanding Abuse and Neglect – neglect and emotional, physical and sexual abuse, as well
as their effects
3. Understanding Bullying and Harassment
4. Framework for Intervention – the conventions, protocols, legislation, criminal codes and
organizational policies that help create protection in your setting
5. Intervention – handling disclosures of violence
6. Preventing Violence by Creating Safe Environments – risk management and creating safety for children and youth
Six brief Knowledge Assessment Tests help you assess your learning as you progress through the course. Upon successfully completing all modules, there is a printable certificate for your records.
Registration status: Open
Program delivery format: Online (E-Learning)
Business and Project Management , Clinical Laboratory Assistant,Pharmacy Assistant Diploma, Database Development & Administration , Diploma in Hotel Operations & Hospitality Management , E-Business Administration Diploma , Occupational Health and Safety Administration & Management Diploma . Personal Support and Child Care Diploma , Long Term Care Services Administration & Management Diploma , Health Care Services Administration & Management Diploma , Patient Service Associate and more… Click here for full listing